Find out here how retrofittable small solar systems can cost-effectively transform properties or gardens into a sustainable energy source
- All the advantages of balcony power plants at a glance
- All advantages for service providers
- The ROCKETHOME solution
- Highly attractive due to wide range of possible applications
- Our service from ROCKETHOME and Kopp
The demand for independent energy generation is increasing, but not all properties offer the space or possibilities for a photovoltaic system on the roof. Tenants or owner-occupiers who do not want to make any structural changes to their homes also need a simple and cost-effective solution to generate their own energy that can be implemented anywhere. Whether for landlords, project developers, energy suppliers or other real estate service providers, balcony power plants are a simple way to generate electricity independently using solar energy and thus offer strong added value for tenants, owners or buyers.
With our latest IoT energy module, we offer a simple solution for the energy transition on a small scale. In this blog post, you can find out which components balcony power plants contain, their wide range of possible applications, the benefits they bring and what we at ROCKETHOME offer in this area.
All the advantages of balcony power plants at a glance
- Solution for independent energy generation on balconies and other areas of properties
- Ideal for tenants and owners who want to participate in the energy transition
- In rental and management, you benefit from an attractive and legally compliant energy service for your customers
- High attractiveness due to wide range of application options and plug & play by users
- Smart app functions such as energy transparency, control and automation of devices (self-sufficient)
- Everything from a single source: hardware, software and services
- Top service partner: Kopp & ROCKETHOME
All the advantages for service providers
- Real contribution to the energy transition: Sustainable energy generation, reduction of CO2 emissions and digitalization is part of its DNA
- Increase target group appeal: proactively address environmentally conscious buyers or tenants with an innovative energy service
- Properties that retain their value: Ensure value retention through a uniform appearance of the properties
- Funding opportunities & legal certainty: Benefit from current federal and state programs
- Business opportunities: Combine balcony power plants with your commodity businesses and create new innovative touchpoints for tie-in businesses
The ROCKETHOME solution
Components of a balcony power plant
Balcony power plants usually consist of one or two solar modules, which together have an approximate output of up to 820 WP (watt peak). In addition, a bidirectional energy meter is required to monitor the photovoltaic production. Various gateways from different manufacturers are available for the efficient management of the electricity generated and for the integration of automation functions. ROCKETHOME offers a HEMS Hub (Home Energy Management Systems Hub) including the ROCKETHOME Cloud and associated app, which displays the production of electricity and enables integration into automation systems. In addition, a smart energy meter is used to measure and visualize how much electricity the balcony power plant is feeding in. When the feed-in reaches a certain desired value, devices or consumers can be switched on manually to make optimum use of this energy.
- Solar modules with 410 WP each
- Micro inverter with either 400W or 600W (the 600W inverter includes the option to be upgraded to 800W as soon as permitted by law)
- SmartFlex for the garden: The foldable system consisting of fold-out PV modules is supplied ready for installation together with all the necessary components
- Cable including Schucko plug (5 meters)
- HEMS hub and "balcony power station" energy meter
- Home Energy app and cloud for energy transparency, control and automation
- Support and service
Installation and construction of a balcony power plant
Setting up and installing a balcony power plant is simple, yet an extremely worthwhile addition to a property. Once installed, all you need to do is set up measuring points and define minimum production values to monitor the performance of the balcony power plant and ensure maximum energy production. Numerous application options then open up for users. The system comes with all the necessary components in a box with all the operating and installation instructions for DIY installation.
In the ROCKETHOME app, users can set which appliances or consumers in a household are switched on automatically at which production volume. For example, ventilation systems or fans can be set up so that they only switch on when the balcony power plant is producing enough energy. As soon as production falls below this level, the ventilation is automatically switched off if required.
Highly attractive due to wide range of possible applications
The balcony power station offers various options for intelligent energy management. Possible applications for residents of an apartment, but also for owners or managers:
- Ventilation and fan: Ventilation and fans can be set so that they only switch on when sufficient solar energy is available to support their operation. This helps to optimize energy consumption.
- Electric heaters: Heaters or other larger electrically powered heating solutions can be switched on as required - so can be pre-heated as long as solar energy is available
- Smart charging of devices: Electrical devices such as smartphones, tablets or laptops can be set so that they are only charged when sufficient PV energy is available. This enables users to charge devices more sustainably.
- Pool pump or pond filter: If a pool or garden pond is available, the pump and filter can be controlled so that they are only operated when there is sufficient PV production. This saves energy costs for pool or pond maintenance.
- Automatic irrigation systems: Automatic watering systems for the communal garden or balcony can also be integrated into the ROCKETHOME app. Irrigation then only takes place when the balcony power station supplies enough energy to pump water.
And now it's your turn!
Whether in property management, for landlords, energy suppliers, tenants or owners of single-family homes - balcony power plants offer many advantages by simply generating electricity from the balcony or terrace. Use balcony power plants from ROCKETHOME as an integral part of your property's climate-neutral energy infrastructure.
Balcony power plants give energy suppliers the opportunity to expand their range of services to customers and keep pace with current developments by adding balcony power plants and associated hardware to their portfolio.
Project developers can market balcony power plants as an environmentally friendly and sustainable option for energy generation, which increases the attractiveness of their real estate projects and makes properties fit for the future. The ROCKETHOME offer increases the attractiveness of the property, the appearance is uniform and CO2 is reduced.
Real estate management and landlords
Balcony power plants offer landlords the opportunity to increase the appeal of their rental properties by attracting environmentally conscious tenants and potentially justifying higher rents. They can use the electricity generated for communal areas and achieve long-term savings as well as an improved image as environmentally friendly. This makes balcony power plants a long-term investment.
Balcony power plants are a cost-effective and space-saving way for homeowners to use renewable energy and reduce their electricity bills. Not only do they help to reduce CO2 emissions, they also enable long-term savings and provide a degree of independence from energy suppliers.
Our service from ROCKETHOME and Kopp
Together with our partner Kopp, we offer you suitable solutions for single-family homes, apartment buildings or commercial properties that are perfectly tailored to your needs. We examine various options for implementing your balcony power plant. We take care of the planning, advice and implementation of your smart offers. If you have your own store, we can integrate our solutions into it. If required, we also offer the option of your own store, which we can implement in the desired design.
- Plan: Planning and selection of suitable hardware, coordination of features, procurement and delivery of hardware
- Build: Provision of suitable hardware modules and SmartFlex solutions via our partner Kopp
- Operate: Full e-commerce solution, delivery of additional products for a smart home and all-round service from fulfillment to returns management.
Our experts at ROCKETHOME will help you with your projects. Get in touch with us. You can find more information about our partnership with Kopp here: To the press release
What advantages do balcony power plants have over conventional photovoltaic systems?
Balcony power plants are more cost-effective and space-saving than photovoltaic systems, do not require any structural measures and can therefore also be used by tenants and owners who build their own. With ROCKETHOME's offer, you as the owner can ensure that the uniform appearance of your property is maintained.
What services does ROCKETHOME offer in this area?
We offer all the necessary services for balcony power plants. From planning and installation to management via app.
About ROCKETHOME - Revolution in the building
As the market leader, we combine unique product expertise in the areas of IoT and building networking, climate tech, user experiences and innovative business models. We bundle all the functions of a home energy management system on one platform.