Energy optimization of existing properties is the key to sustainable, future-oriented construction and energy efficiency.
- Why should existing properties be optimized for energy efficiency?
- The advantages of optimizing the energy efficiency of existing properties at a glance
- What measures can be taken to optimize the energy efficiency of existing properties?
- Our services from ROCKETHOME
In times of growing ecological challenges and rising energy costs, there is an increasing focus on optimizing the energy efficiency of existing properties. In view of global efforts to curb climate change and use resources responsibly, the modernization and digitalization of existing buildings in the residential and commercial real estate segments are proving to be an indispensable strategy for reducing energy consumption and the associated environmental impact. This article presents the benefits of optimizing existing properties through a digital upgrade and highlights the measures that can be taken to transform buildings into energy-efficient and sustainable structures.
Why should existing properties be energy-optimized and digitalized?
Energy costs are constantly rising, there is too little living space in use despite the high number of existing properties and too many resources are being wasted. When making their next real estate decision, property buyers and tenants pay close attention to the energy and digital fitness of buildings - this is becoming one of the key success criteria for landlords and project developers.
The benefits of energy optimization and digitalization of existing properties at a glance
The implementation of digital measures in the area of energy-efficient refurbishment leads to clear benefits for owners and residents.
- Modernization: Increasing the attractiveness of properties through energy savings, climate protection and new digital value-added services
- Return on investment: future-proofing for the owners through increased property value and a longer life cycle for the building
- Management: Lower operating costs thanks to low repair and maintenance costs as well as better processes through efficient property management
- Customer benefits: Increased living comfort for residents through energy-efficient living, a healthy indoor climate and low ancillary costs (--> social effects)
- Age-appropriate living through a better feel-good climate, automation and security
What digital measures can be taken to optimize the energy efficiency of existing properties?
The refurbishment of existing buildings can be carried out at different levels of intensity, from minimally invasive measures such as apps for energy transparency and monitoring to holistic investment modernizations that involve a comprehensive transformation of the building, including larger projects such as the installation of heat pumps or photovoltaic systems.
The classic areas of structural measures include external thermal insulation composite systems to improve building insulation, modernization of windows and doors or the renewal of sanitary and electrical installations. These segments are not considered in this article. As part of serial refurbishment, these measures are often planned and implemented together with ROCKETHOME's energy and digital services.
Our services in the area of renovation/modernization
ROCKETHOME offers a holistic approach to energy and digital building optimization - this comprises three key components:
- Energy-efficient refurbishment with IoT integrations
- Digital added value and management via a property management platform
- Strengthening social interactions through a neighborhood app
We optimize the energy efficiency of buildings, integrate advanced IoT technologies for a better living experience and promote social interactions through innovative solutions such as our neighbourhood app for different target groups. This approach enables us to transform buildings into sustainable and liveable environments, benefiting both residents and owners.
1. energy-efficient refurbishment with IoT
At ROCKETHOME, we offer services that can be implemented quickly and still have a significant impact. Our property management platform enables the integration of energy-related IoT modules and intelligent management of all users, devices and energy flows in neighborhoods, resulting in more efficient use of resources and lower operating costs.
Although our investment-based energy measures require a little more time to implement, they are characterized by a significantly greater impact. These include elements such as photovoltaic systems, heat pumps and charging stations for the parking areas. In addition, we rely on innovative neighborhood energy management systems (QEMS) to ensure optimal control and monitoring of energy flows in residential neighborhoods. All these energy modules contribute to a holistic transformation that not only reduces energy consumption, but also has a positive impact on sustainability and comfort in the buildings. To our energy modules
- Charging stations for electric vehicles
- Photovoltaic systems
- Heating and cooling solutions, including heat pumps
- Heating monitoring and control
- Neighborhood Energy Management Systems (QEMS)
2. digital building optimization and property management
According to the DGNB and many other certification associations, the digitalization of buildings is also one of the most important measures for the refurbishment and modernization of buildings. With the following IoT modules, buildings can be optimized with the services of ROCKETHOME:
- Smart heating solutions in the living area (thermostats & underfloor heating)
- Digital access solutions (building access and apartment access)
- Intelligent shading & lighting control (Smart Home)
- Balcony power plants that blend in with the exterior of the property
- Healthy indoor climate and sensor technology
- Local mobility (bike and car sharing)
These IoT products can be installed in the properties by the owners or offered to the residents for purchase. ROCKETHOME offers property owners an integrated online store that provides many energy-saving products and home-related services for residents. These are value-added offers and customer services that residents appreciate today: Your energy-saving store
All IoT integrations, whether energy-related or digital, are managed centrally via the Property Manager. This is where the individual tools are bundled and turned into an easily manageable package of measures for property managers.
3. strengthening social interactions with QuartiersApp
Our neighborhood app and the associated options for smart neighborhood management promote social interaction in residential and communal areas. The app enables residents to share information, plan events and facilitate collaboration in the community. In this way, we create a connected and vibrant environment for all residents.
- Tenant communication: Inbox messages, forms
- Digital bulletin board
- Secure document storage
- Marketplace and e-commerce connection
- Common room control
With our digital offerings in the field of energy-efficient refurbishment of existing buildings, we enable more sustainable and cost-efficient use of real estate through efficient energy management and savings. This is precisely where the DGNB (German Sustainable Building Council) system for existing buildings comes in: Only by knowing and optimizing the consumption of your property, you can achieve this certification. Further information on the DGNB system for existing buildings can be found at the following link. To the DGNB website
Are you interested in how the digitalization of real estate can contribute to meeting the sustainability goals of the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB)? We provide more information in our blog post about our neighborhood app and its role in promoting the DGNB criteria: Our neighborhood app: smart connectivity for sustainable communities
Interested in a personal meeting or a non-binding offer? Please contact us.